- Evacuated the system – was empty. Recharged and tested for leaks – is leaking at the manifold on the hoses. We evacuated the remaining refrigerant. Manifold will have to be replaced before we continue. Ok'd to proceed. After repairs we placed the system under vacuum – held vacuum for 20 minutes. Recharged and ran the system – is operating properly. .
- Installed new compressor manifold/hose assembly. .
- Verified customers concern. Tested the blower motor resistor – is bad. Fan works properly when power and ground are applied. Resistor connector is partially melted. Recommend replacing the blower motor resistor and connector before diagnosis continues. Ok'd to proceed. After repairs the blower motor functions properly. .
- Installed new blower motor resistor and connector. .
- Test drove and verified customers concern. Hoisted and ran on the hoist – unable to hear a noise without resistance from the road. We installed electronic listening devices underneath and test drove again – noise was coming from the transfer case. We inspected the transfer case fluid – has metal debris present. Recommend replacing the transfer case. Ok'd to proceed. After repairs we test drove again – no further noises noted. .
- Replaced transfer case assembly (and front sway bar end links). .
Don H. gave our service a 5 star review on 7/28/2021